UH60 vs. 171sh.

UH60 vs. 171sh.
"Capt. Martin" poses in front of his blackhawk enroute from Germany to Kosovo October 2009.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Stuck in Germany

...so I'm stuck at the R.O.B. (Rhine Ordnance Barracks) in Germany which is pretty close to Ramstein Air Base.

I don't think it's possible to sleep more than 4 hours at a time here. I went to sleep at 11pm and was up, wide awake, at 3:15am. I've got almost 4 hours to kill before breakfast. (This is a repeat from yesterday morning as well).

We've been here for 3 days now and could push out for another 4 or 5 days before we actually fly out.
PLAN B is for us to take a BUS (yes I said Bus) from here to Kosovo. That works out to 1,085 miles with 18 hours of straight driving - from a "car's" perspective so I would imagine that it'll be longer in a bus. When leadership asked us (the 43 of us) if we minded sitting on a bus for up to 36 hours, they got a bunch of blank stares... primarily because I don't think any of us could imagine sitting on a bus for 36 hours.

On a side note, I'm FINALLY back to working out after my 14 day hiatus due to leave. I only biked for 30 minutes yesterday and it was ROUGH. Will bike again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment