UH60 vs. 171sh.

UH60 vs. 171sh.
"Capt. Martin" poses in front of his blackhawk enroute from Germany to Kosovo October 2009.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ironman Training + flying (a LOT)

This Ironman training isn't going how I'd like it to go (: I'm refusing to get worked up about it though as I DECIDED to sign up for this race as something to look forward to and not a burden!

I'm not planning on winning it, just finishing and as I see it... I've got 16 hours and 15 minutes (if I'm the very last person in the water) to swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles and run 26.2 miles.
Yes these individual events are broken down into mandatory finish times... but big picture is over 16 hours (:
I still, as of yet, have no concrete training plan - only a mental picture of what it "should" look like. Right now, I try to alternate running and biking and going at least an hour when I do get out there. Also trying to incorporate some upper body strength training but have done something to my back or ribs or something and have decided it's best to lay low on the strength training until I'm better healed (that is EXTREMELY frustrating).
I have 18 days before I go on my two-week leave and need to make the most of my time as well because I KNOW I won't be doing training when I'm there.
Since making Pilot-in-Command, I've been busier than I was whilst TRYING to make PC. I get Tuesday and Wednesday off - but prior to that will not have had a day off in 13 days... due to both running flight operations and flying a bunch. I've logged more flight time in a week than I did the previous month almost. This is good and I'm really enjoying it... but ultimately it equals less training time.
Will post pictures very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment