UH60 vs. 171sh.

UH60 vs. 171sh.
"Capt. Martin" poses in front of his blackhawk enroute from Germany to Kosovo October 2009.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Amazing Grace & The Tax Collector...




The Parable of the Pharisee & The Tax Collector

Luke 18:9-14 New Living Translation

"Then Jesus told this story to some who had great self-confidence and scorned everyone else: Two men went to the temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a dishonest tax collector.

The proud Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: 'I thank you, God, that I am not a sinner like everyone else, especially like that tax collector over there! For I never cheat, I don't sin, I don't commit adultery, I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.'

...But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, 'O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.'

I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For the proud will be humbled, but the humble will be honored."


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

These are two of my favorite things to help keep my relationship with Christ in perspective... Amazing Grace, written by John Newton in 1779, and Luke 18:9-14 "Jesus' parable of the Pharisee & the Tax Collector"

A real, authentic relationship with your Creator is the only thing that matters. Everything else simply falls into place when you keep this perspective. I am this tax collector each and every day.

When the rest of the world fails you (as it constantly does) there is one constant and that is Jesus Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment