UH60 vs. 171sh.

UH60 vs. 171sh.
"Capt. Martin" poses in front of his blackhawk enroute from Germany to Kosovo October 2009.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Evolution vs. Creationism

We're on the 5th video for The Truth Project (www.thetruthproject.org) and this one discusses in great detail "What is Science?"

So what do you think? Did we evolve as a species or were we created by some intelligent design?

Honestly, before this, I haven't given it too much thought - because it isn't a show-stopper for me in my walk with God. Whether God designed us as we see ourselves now or that we "evolved" into what we are - I still attributed this creation (us, life, everything) to Christ.

The Truth Project makes some incredibly valid arguments though for the idea of "intelligent design" and I'm inclined to think that's how God created us. There really is no example of evolution that can be shown today. Since we've been discussing this 'theory' for the last 200 years, nothing has evolved even a little bit... we're such complex organisms that the idea of evolution and natural selection doesn't seem as plausible. Example: the eyeball. I'm definitely NOT doing the argument justice with the above statement - just using one example.

What does perplex me though, is those (some people anyway) that do believe in evolution won't even entertain the idea of intelligent design - even when they can't answer all their own questions. Personally, I think it's more of a pride issue than anything... because even if I don't believe in evolution - I will still entertain the topic and be willing to "have" my mind changed if I'm wrong about something. Whatever I believe should stand up to criticism - if it doesn't, then I need to really re-evaluate my beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment