UH60 vs. 171sh.

UH60 vs. 171sh.
"Capt. Martin" poses in front of his blackhawk enroute from Germany to Kosovo October 2009.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Checkride-itis

I take my Night Vision Goggle (NVG) standardization ride tonight. We're required to take 2 checkrides once a year in our aircraft. One under goggles, and one on instruments. I don't get nervous TOO much... but I do get nervous about this more than anything else (: It's what aviators affectionately refer to as "checkride-itis" where you become stupid, can't remember ANYTHING you've studied and can't fly the helicopter with any skill what-so-ever.




In the last 2 or 3 days, I've brushed up on:

-regulations & Publications
-local requirements for this airspace
-aircraft systems, avionics & mission equipment
-operating limitations & restrictions
-aircraft emergency procedures
-aeromedical factors
-aerodynamics
-night mission operations
-tactical and mission operations
-night vision goggle operations

(**for those of you in Army Aviation, you may recognize this comes directly from TC 1-237, The Aircrew Training Manual)

Well, I'm now 5 hours from checkride. probably ganna study a little more and then shoot myself in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment