UH60 vs. 171sh.

UH60 vs. 171sh.
"Capt. Martin" poses in front of his blackhawk enroute from Germany to Kosovo October 2009.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Family

Ugh. I feel like I've been swamped at work.

-Trying to get my checkrides complete (and wanting to do well).

-Sudo-commander for the next week and all the extra responsibility that comes with that.

-trying to make progress on the distance learning captains career course

-continuing to run and oversee daily operations in the unit

I haven't REALLY talked to my family in two weeks... just short stints of time. That takes a toll on my emotional energy - when I get to talk to them, it recharges my batteries.

really engaging Nicole and getting to hear my little ones voices. Kylie's vocabulary is getting so big - she's only 2 and we're already talking about playing "Basketbowl" (definitely with Nicole's slight country accent) outside.

(also not training like I should be the last two weeks... it's probably safe to say, I'm lucky to even make it to the gym most days).

Some days, you just gotta be defiant. Things need to get done - and you have to do them.

1 comment: